Two of the more prestigious individual awards available to international players come in the form of the Player of the Tournament and Young Player of the Tournament awards. Here, we look at our fancies for the prizes…
Young Player of the Tournament Tips
Mason Mount (7/1)
It’s hard to pinpoint the moment that Mason Mount went from a bit of a meme to a consensus starter among fans, but the 22-year-old has proven the doubters wrong time and time again.
The Chelsea midfielder was integral for new manager Thomas Tuchel in the run-in, contributing nine goal involvements, and ended the season by lifting the Champions League trophy.
Gareth Southgate is also particularly fond of him, so minutes shouldn’t be an issue.
Get £70 worth of free bets on Euro 2020 with Paddy Power:
Ferran Torres (9/1)
Hitting form at just the right time, Ferran Torres appeals to pick up the Young Player of the Tournament award.
The Manchester City attacker, who is also one of my dark horses for tournament top scorer, bagged five goals in his final four Premier League starts.
He’s been in good nick for his national side too, with five goals in his last four competitive starts. With a starting berth all but locked up under Luis Enrique, if Spain go deep into this tournament, it’ll be because of Ferran Torres.
You may also be interested in our other selections:
- England v Croatia Tips – The best bets for Sunday Euro Clash
- England v Croatia Bet Builder : Jack Lamden with goals, throw ins and cards for opener
- Denmark v Finland Bet Builder : Tip the Danes to get off to a great start
- Belgium v Russia bet builder : Red Devils can punish hosts’ vulnerable defence
- Wales v Switzerland Betting Tips – 6/1 Selection from Baku
- Wales v Switzerland Bet Builder : 5/1 Tip for Welsh in Baku
- Turkey v Turkey Betting Tips – Tasty double for Euro 2020 opener
- Italy v Turkey Bet Builder Tips : Entertaining opener expected at Stadio Olimpico
- Euro 2020 Specials Markets – 2/1 & 5/1 featured bets
- Young Player of the Tournament at Euro 2020 – 9/1 selection appeals
Player of the Tournament
Kylian Mbappé (8/1)
The former Golden Boy and reigning Ligue 1 Player of the Year is understandably favourite to pick up the award this summer.
Mbappé is the leading light of the tournament favourites, and set the world alight while demolishing Barcelona in the Champions League earlier this year.
The Ballon d’Or favourite is widely regarded as the heir to the Messi/Ronaldo throne, and an explosive Euros may just be the next step on his exponentially rising ladder.
Bruno Fernandes (40/1) & Bernardo Silva (50/1)
Now this one is a bit of a punt, but hear me out. Of the six official Player of the Tournament awards given out – five were won by members of the winning team, only one went to the tournament’s top scorer, and the five that didn’t went to midfielders.
Given the fact I fancy Portugal to win the tournament, the price on this midfield pair appeals. Both are coming off the back of successful domestic seasons and, just as Xavi and Andres Iniesta won the award before them, they’re both worth a punt.