With the European Championships right around the corner, What Are The Odds takes a look at the players most likely to take home the Golden Boot, and takes a look where the money is going with punters.
Harry Kane (6/1)
England striker Harry Kane is the marginal bookies favourite to take home the golden boot this summer.
The Premier League top scorer took the crown home at the 2018 World Cup, despite not scoring after the group stages, and he has every chance of doing the same here.
He’s got favourable group opponents in Croatia, the Czech Republic and Scotland – the latter of which conceded 1.9 goals per game in qualifying, as well as a 93rd minute Kane equaliser the last time they met.
Captain of his side, penalty taker, and starting striker – the 5/4 about him being England’s top scorer is too good to pass up.
Bet on Top Goalscorer at Euro 2020 with Bet365:
Romelu Lukaku (15/2)
Romelu Lukaku scores goals. 30 goals for Inter Milan, and eight in his last eight for Belgium, there has been no stopping the striker this season.
The behemoth has bullied defences all over Italy, and will look to do the same to those he’ll face at the group stage. Russia and Finland don’t boast defences that Lukaku will be worried about facing, while Belgium’s path to at least the semi-finals seems straightforward enough.
With Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard serving up chances on a silver platter, Romelu should feast.
You may also be interested in our other selections:
- Tottenham v Man City Bet Builder Prediction : Cards and goals likely with Harry Kane speculation rumbling
- Chelsea v Crystal Palace Bet Builder Predictions : Comfortable win expected for the Blues
- Norwich v Liverpool Betbuilder Predictions : Back the Reds and oppose cards at Carrow Road
- Man Utd v Leeds Prediction & Bet Builder : Cards and entertaining encounter expected at Old Trafford
- Brentford v Arsenal Bet Builder Predictions : Expect a more even game than the bookmakers’ odds suggest
- Italy v England Bet Builder: Cagey final anticipated at Wembley
- England v Denmark Bet Builder: Three Lions to edge close encounter
- Italy v Spain Bet Builder – Euro 2020 semi final player props bets and stats
Kylian Mbappé (10/1)
France’s golden-boy is well fancied to prove himself as the golden-boot in the summer, but does his price reflect his chances of doing so accurately?
France are expected to go deep into this tournament, but they face both Germany and Portugal at the group stage – which could see Mbappé behind the 8-ball before he’s had a chance to really get going.
Now he’s got Karim Benzema to compete with for chances on top of Antoine Griezmann, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Les Bleus trio sharing the goals.
Cristiano Ronaldo (14/1)
It’s tough to see this man’s name without immediately thinking ‘goals’, and 14/1 feels like a decent price for a player of his grandeur.
Dig a little deeper though, and maybe it isn’t long enough. CR7 has only scored twice in his last nine appearances for A Seleção, with those goals coming against minnows Luxembourg and Andorra.
In that run he’s faced Group F opponents France twice, taking nine shots without finding the net.
He hasn’t been outscored by a teammate at a major tournament since 2010 though, and the evs about him extending that run appeals somewhat.
WhatAreTheOdds Selection: Romelu Lukaku @ 15/2