Portugal to reach the Quarter-Finals @ 11/10
I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Fernando Santos’ Portugal side and, despite their tough group, getting +ev money on them making the quarter finals feels like an absolute steal.
Assuming they qualify from that group with a win over Hungary and at least one point from France or Germany, the Seleção will be a tough nut to crack in the knockout stages, especially given the fact they have a stronger squad than the 2016 crop that went all the way.
Get £70 worth of free bets on Euro 2020 with Paddy Power:
Switzerland to be Eliminated at the Group Stage @ 13/10
Switzerland have been dealt a seriously raw hand with their Euro 2020 schedule.
Die Nati’s games against Wales and Turkey in Baku sandwich a 6000km round trip to face Italy in Rome, where they are based, and all three matches take place in an eight day period. It leaves Vladimir Petković’s side immediately in a predicament, and the potential fatigue paired with a lack of goalscoring nous could be their undoing.
No matter the result against Wales to open their campaign, an expected defeat in Rome would leave them needing points against a Turkey side that travelled half the distance and settled in Baku for a full week. I don’t like those odds.
You may also be interested in our other selections:
- Tottenham v Man City Bet Builder Prediction : Cards and goals likely with Harry Kane speculation rumbling
- Chelsea v Crystal Palace Bet Builder Predictions : Comfortable win expected for the Blues
- Norwich v Liverpool Betbuilder Predictions : Back the Reds and oppose cards at Carrow Road
- Man Utd v Leeds Prediction & Bet Builder : Cards and entertaining encounter expected at Old Trafford
- Brentford v Arsenal Bet Builder Predictions : Expect a more even game than the bookmakers’ odds suggest
- Italy v England Bet Builder: Cagey final anticipated at Wembley
- England v Denmark Bet Builder: Three Lions to edge close encounter
- Italy v Spain Bet Builder – Euro 2020 semi final player props bets and stats
- Denmark v Czech Rep Bet Builder Tips – 5/1 SOT selection stand out bet for tonight
- England v Ukraine Bet Builder Tips: Second successive major tournament semi-final expected for Three Lions
Group B – Belgium to Finish Top, Finland to Finish Bottom @ 2/1
It comes as no surprise that Belgium are overwhelming favourites to top Group B, and progress to an ‘easier’ tie against any one of four 3rd placed teams.
It should also come as little shock to see Finland aren’t expected to do much.
Combine the two and 2/1 feels like a nice price. The bottom spot should come down to Russia and Finland and, given their host nation status, you’ve got to like Russia to get the better of the Scandinavians – though it wouldn’t be a surprise to see both sides eliminated with a point each (11/2 and 5/2 respectively).
Ferran Torres to be Top Spain Goalscorer @ 5/1
I’ve got to admit I was a little shocked when I saw this price.
Torres is 5/1 2nd favourite to top score for his nation behind Alvaro Morata (13/10), despite the Juventus forward not being guaranteed a place ahead of Gerard Moreno.
However, with just two goals in his last seven international caps – and four in his last 12 league games for Juventus – he’s not a man I feel comfortable putting my money on. Torres, on the other hand, has been electric for Luis Enrique.
One of my picks for Young Player of the Tournament, the wonderkid has five goals in his last four competitive internationals and will give us a nice run for our money here.